| |

VerySource

Forgot password?
 Register
Search
View: 1262|Reply: 5

How to control the computer's media player by infrared sensor signal?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Credits

Japan

Post time: 2020-12-18 09:30:02
| Show all posts |Read mode
I want to implement a function. When a person approaches the computer, the infrared receiver is sensed and can automatically open the media player in the computer to automatically play a movie.

I'm doing web development in Java, and I don't know much about hardware. Can any friend give me a solution and how to implement it the easiest? Thanks!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits

China

Post time: 2020-12-20 18:30:01
| Show all posts
There is an interface problem...

Communication between sensor and PC...

That is, after the sensor confirms the signal, how to inform the PC of the problem...

It can be serial, parallel, USB, Ethernet, etc.

I have only done serial port. Let's take a so-called solution...

Using the multi-process and speed advantages of PC and JAVA, use one process to monitor the communication port...

When a legal signal arrives, start the application...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits

China

Post time: 2020-12-21 11:45:01
| Show all posts
Use a single-chip microcomputer with USB function (low speed is fine) to realize IR detection.After detecting the signal, the corresponding command is transmitted to the PC via USB, and the rest is solved by the program on the PC side.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits

Invalid IP Address

Author| Post time: 2020-12-21 13:15:01
| Show all posts
Thank youironfistand5022219022for your suggestions, I have never touched this aspect before
There is still no clue to the specifics. What kind of knowledge is needed to realize such a function?

Regarding infrared devices, I don't know which ones are available on the market, what are their names, and what is their interface with PCs?
What I need is actually to get a response through infrared rays, and there is no need for complicated functions such as transmitting data through infrared rays.
If the MCU with USB function (with IR detection) mentioned by5022219022is available, there is no need to prepare infrared devices, right?

Should the PC program be implemented in assembly or in C language? (Consider calling the media player)

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits

China

Post time: 2020-12-21 13:30:01
| Show all posts
To detect the signal of the infrared sensor through the serial port, use the 7th pin of the serial port
When there is a signal, the PC will start the playback software
Very simple

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits

China

Post time: 2020-12-27 21:52:34
| Show all posts
Can you consider using a camera to trigger an event when the captured image changes?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Contact us|Archive|Mobile|CopyRight © 2008-2023|verysource.com ( 京ICP备17048824号-1 )

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list